Dr. Laura Fuster Criado
Currently, I work as a research assistant in the iTEAM inside the GTAC group of the UPV. My research strengths are oriented to sound reproduction and multichannel filtering for acoustic signals through Wave Field Synthesis techniques.
In November 2000 I started my final degree project financed by a collaboration grant offered by the Communications Department, included into the coordinated project titled Improvement of the Subjective Outflow Noise through Digital Signal Treatment Techniques, financed by the CICYT. Since then, by means of contracts or grants (Grant of the Generalitat Valenciana for the formation of technical personnel to research support) I have been connected to the GTAC.
From April to August 2003, I worked as a visiting research assistant in the Friedrich Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg in Germany, collaborating in the development of multichannel equalization algorithms for acoustic panels used in Wave Field Synthesis reproduction systems.
Moreover, I have taken part in various research projects subsidised in pubic announcements and I have collaborated in several papers of the research group.
• Laura Fuster, Maria de Diego, Gema Piñero, Alberto Gonzalez, Miguel Ferrer, Subjective analysis of speech privacy using speech masking in open-plan offices, 27th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV27) , Online, 2021.
• Laura Fuster, Maria de Diego, Miguel Ferrer, Alberto Gonzalez, Combination of filtered-x adaptive filters for nonlinear listening-room compensation, European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO) , Budapest, Hungary, 2016.
• Laura Fuster, Linear and nonlinear room compensation of audio rendering systems, Dr. María de Diego and Dr. Miguel Ferrer, 2015.
• Jose A. Belloch, Laura Fuster, Enrique S. Quintana, Antonio M. Vidal, Alberto Gonzalez, Prestaciones de un sistema de reproducción Wave Filed Synthesis (WFS) utilizando unidades de procesamiento gráfico, XXV Congreso Español de Acústica - Tecniacústica , Murcia, Spain, 2014.
• Gema Piñero, Laura Fuster, Maria de Diego, Miguel Ferrer, Alberto Gonzalez, Karina Pernías, Maite Romero, Sound quality evaluation of powered riding toy noises by children, Internoise , New York, USA, 2012.
• Jose Javier Lopez, Alberto Gonzalez, Laura Fuster, Room compensation in Wave field Synthesis by means of multichannel inversion, IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics , New Paltz, NY, 2005.
• Gema Piñero, Maria de Diego, Alberto Gonzalez, Laura Fuster, Andrés Camacho, Application of different time-frequency analysis to psychoacoustic description of car engine noise, AES 118th Convention (Audio Engineering Society) , Barcelona, Spain, 2005.
• Laura Fuster, Jose Javier Lopez, Alberto Gonzalez, Pablo Faus, Time and frequency domain room compensation applied to Wave Field Synthesis, 8th International Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx’05) , Madrid, Spain, 2005.
• Laura Fuster, Jose Javier Lopez, Alberto Gonzalez, Pedro Zuccarello, Room Compensation using Multichannel Inverse Filters for Wave Field Synthesis Systems, AES 118th Convention (Audio Engineering Society) , Barcelona, Spain, 2005.
• Alberto Gonzalez, Antonio Vidal, J. Gonzalez, Gema Piñero, Jose Javier Lopez, Maria de Diego, Miguel Ferrer, Pedro Zuccarello, Laura Fuster, Francisco J. Martinez, P. Alonso, J.M. Badía, Development and implementation of signal processing and high performance computing algorithms for 3D audio, 4th WSEAS International Conference on Acoustics, Music, Speech and Language Processing (ICAMSL 2003) , Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, España, 2004.
• Alberto Gonzalez, Miguel Ferrer, Maria de Diego, Laura Fuster, Efficient implementation of matrix recursions in the multichannel affine projection algorithm for multichannel sound, MMSP 2004 IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. Special Session on sound processing for multimedia systems , Siena, Italy, 2004.
• Andrés Camacho, Gema Piñero, Laura Fuster, Maria de Diego, Evaluation Of Human Perception Of Roughness For Diesel Car Noise, 10th International Congress On Sound And Vibration (ICSV 2003) , Estocolmo, Sweden, 2003.